- We have sinned, even as our fathers did; we have done wrong and acted wickedly.
- When our fathers were in Egypt, they gave no thought to your miracles; they did not remember your many kindnesses, and they rebelled by the sea, the Red Sea.
- Yet he saved them for his name's sake, to make his mighty power known.
- He rebuked the Red Sea, and it dried up; he led them through the depths as through a desert.
- He saved them from the hand of the foe; from the hand of the enemy he redeemed them.
- We have sinned with our fathers, we have committed iniquity, we have done wickedly.
- Our fathers understood not thy wonders in Egypt; they remembered not the multitude of thy mercies; but provoked him at the sea, even at the Red sea.
- Nevertheless he saved them for his name's sake, that he might make his mighty power to be known.
- He rebuked the Red sea also, and it was dried up: so he led them through the depths, as through the wilderness.
- And he saved them from the hand of him that hated them, and redeemed them from the hand of the enemy.