- When the sentence for a crime is not quickly carried out, the hearts of the people are filled with schemes to do wrong.
- Although a wicked man commits a hundred crimes and still lives a long time, I know that it will go better with God-fearing men, who are reverent before God.
- Yet because the wicked do not fear God, it will not go well with them, and their days will not lengthen like a shadow.
- There is something else meaningless that occurs on earth: righteous men who get what the wicked deserve, and wicked men who get what the righteous deserve. This too, I say, is meaningless.
- So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun.
- 罪人雖然作惡百次、倒享長久的年日．然而我準知道、敬畏 神的、就是在他面前敬畏的人、終久必得福樂。
- 惡人卻不得福樂、也不得長久的年日．這年日好像影兒、因他不敬畏 神。
- 我就稱讚快樂、原來人在日光之下、莫強如喫喝快樂．因為他在日光之下、 神賜他一生的年日、要從勞碌中、時常享受所得的。