- Sow your seed in the morning, and at evening let not your hands be idle, for you do not know which will succeed, whether this or that, or whether both will do equally well.
- Light is sweet, and it pleases the eyes to see the sun.
- However many years a man may live, let him enjoy them all. But let him remember the days of darkness, for they will be many. Everything to come is meaningless.
- Be happy, young man, while you are young, and let your heart give you joy in the days of your youth. Follow the ways of your heart and whatever your eyes see, but know that for all these things God will bring you to judgment.
- So then, banish anxiety from your heart and cast off the troubles of your body, for youth and vigor are meaningless.
- 少年人哪、你在幼年時當快樂．在幼年的日子、使你的心歡暢、行你心所願行的、看你眼所愛看的、卻要知道、為這一切的事、 神必審問你。