- for, "The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it."
- If some unbeliever invites you to a meal and you want to go, eat whatever is put before you without raising questions of conscience.
- But if anyone says to you, "This has been offered in sacrifice," then do not eat it, both for the sake of the man who told you and for conscience' sake--
- the other man's conscience, I mean, not yours. For why should my freedom be judged by another's conscience?
- If I take part in the meal with thankfulness, why am I denounced because of something I thank God for?