- Now the heart of the king of Aram was enraged over this thing; and he called his servants and said to them, "Will you tell me which of us is for the king of Israel?"
- One of his servants said, "No, my lord, O king; but Elisha, the prophet who is in Israel, tells the king of Israel the words that you speak in your bedroom."
- So he said, "Go and see where he is, that I may send and take him." And it was told him, saying, "Behold, he is in Dothan."
- He sent horses and chariots and a great army there, and they came by night and surrounded the city.
- Now when the attendant of the man of God had risen early and gone out, behold, an army with horses and chariots was circling the city. And his servant said to him, "Alas, my master! What shall we do?"