- And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear.
- But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.
- And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.
- And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.
- But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.