- Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon.
- And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.
- But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.
- But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
- Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.