- And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece.
- Jesus saith unto them, Fill the waterpots with water. And they filled them up to the brim.
- And he saith unto them, Draw out now, and bear unto the governor of the feast. And they bare it.
- When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was: (but the servants which drew the water knew;) the governor of the feast called the bridegroom,
- And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.
- Now there were six stone waterpots set there for the Jewish custom of purification, containing twenty or thirty gallons each.
- Jesus said to them, "Fill the waterpots with water." So they filled them up to the brim.
- And He said to them, "Draw some out now and take it to the headwaiter." So they took it to him.
- When the headwaiter tasted the water which had become wine, and did not know where it came from (but the servants who had drawn the water knew), the headwaiter called the bridegroom,
- and said to him, "Every man serves the good wine first, and when the people have drunk freely, then he serves the poorer wine; but you have kept the good wine until now."