- There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
- The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
- Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
- Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
- Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
- 這人夜裡來見耶穌、說、拉比、我們知道你是由 神那裡來作師傅的．因為你所行的神蹟、若沒有 神同在、無人能行。
- 耶穌回答說、我實實在在的告訴你、人若不重生、就不能見 神的國。
- 耶穌說、我實實在在的告訴你、人若不是從水和聖靈生的、就不能進 神的國。