- Then cometh he to Simon Peter: and Peter saith unto him, Lord, dost thou wash my feet?
- Jesus answered and said unto him, What I do thou knowest not now; but thou shalt know hereafter.
- Peter saith unto him, Thou shalt never wash my feet. Jesus answered him, If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with me.
- Simon Peter saith unto him, Lord, not my feet only, but also my hands and my head.
- Jesus saith to him, He that is washed needeth not save to wash his feet, but is clean every whit: and ye are clean, but not all.
- He came to Simon Peter, who said to him, "Lord, are you going to wash my feet?"
- Jesus replied, "You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand."
- "No," said Peter, "you shall never wash my feet." Jesus answered, "Unless I wash you, you have no part with me."
- "Then, Lord," Simon Peter replied, "not just my feet but my hands and my head as well!"
- Jesus answered, "A person who has had a bath needs only to wash his feet; his whole body is clean. And you are clean, though not every one of you."