- When Jesus had spoken these words, he went forth with his disciples over the brook Cedron, where was a garden, into the which he entered, and his disciples.
- And Judas also, which betrayed him, knew the place: for Jesus ofttimes resorted thither with his disciples.
- Judas then, having received a band of men and officers from the chief priests and Pharisees, cometh thither with lanterns and torches and weapons.
- Jesus therefore, knowing all things that should come upon him, went forth, and said unto them, Whom seek ye?
- They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am he. And Judas also, which betrayed him, stood with them.
- When he had finished praying, Jesus left with his disciples and crossed the Kidron Valley. On the other side there was an olive grove, and he and his disciples went into it.
- Now Judas, who betrayed him, knew the place, because Jesus had often met there with his disciples.
- So Judas came to the grove, guiding a detachment of soldiers and some officials from the chief priests and Pharisees. They were carrying torches, lanterns and weapons.
- Jesus, knowing all that was going to happen to him, went out and asked them, "Who is it you want?"
- "Jesus of Nazareth," they replied. "I am he," Jesus said. (And Judas the traitor was standing there with them.)