- For Paul had determined to sail by Ephesus, because he would not spend the time in Asia: for he hasted, if it were possible for him, to be at Jerusalem the day of Pentecost.
- And from Miletus he sent to Ephesus, and called the elders of the church.
- And when they were come to him, he said unto them, Ye know, from the first day that I came into Asia, after what manner I have been with you at all seasons,
- Serving the LORD with all humility of mind, and with many tears, and temptations, which befell me by the lying in wait of the Jews:
- And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publickly, and from house to house,