- And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
- And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
- And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
- And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
- And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
- Then I saw another beast, coming out of the earth. He had two horns like a lamb, but he spoke like a dragon.
- He exercised all the authority of the first beast on his behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed.
- And he performed great and miraculous signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to earth in full view of men.
- Because of the signs he was given power to do on behalf of the first beast, he deceived the inhabitants of the earth. He ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived.
- He was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that it could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed.