- Why standest thou afar off, O LORD? why hidest thou thyself in times of trouble?
- The wicked in his pride doth persecute the poor: let them be taken in the devices that they have imagined.
- For the wicked boasteth of his heart's desire, and blesseth the covetous, whom the LORD abhorreth.
- The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts.
- His ways are always grievous; thy judgments are far above out of his sight: as for all his enemies, he puffeth at them.
- Why do You stand afar off, O LORD? Why do You hide Yourself in times of trouble?
- In pride the wicked hotly pursue the afflicted; Let them be caught in the plots which they have devised.
- For the wicked boasts of his heart's desire, And the greedy man curses and spurns the LORD.
- The wicked, in the haughtiness of his countenance, does not seek Him All his thoughts are, "There is no God."
- His ways prosper at all times; Your judgments are on high, out of his sight; As for all his adversaries, he snorts at them.