- Help, LORD; for the godly man ceaseth; for the faithful fail from among the children of men.
- They speak vanity every one with his neighbour: with flattering lips and with a double heart do they speak.
- The LORD shall cut off all flattering lips, and the tongue that speaketh proud things:
- Who have said, With our tongue will we prevail; our lips are our own: who is lord over us?
- For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now will I arise, saith the LORD; I will set him in safety from him that puffeth at him.
- Help, LORD, for the godly are no more; the faithful have vanished from among men.
- Everyone lies to his neighbor; their flattering lips speak with deception.
- May the LORD cut off all flattering lips and every boastful tongue
- that says, "We will triumph with our tongues; we own our lips --who is our master?"
- "Because of the oppression of the weak and the groaning of the needy, I will now arise," says the LORD. "I will protect them from those who malign them."