- Help, LORD; for the godly man ceaseth; for the faithful fail from among the children of men.
- They speak vanity every one with his neighbour: with flattering lips and with a double heart do they speak.
- The LORD shall cut off all flattering lips, and the tongue that speaketh proud things:
- Who have said, With our tongue will we prevail; our lips are our own: who is lord over us?
- For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now will I arise, saith the LORD; I will set him in safety from him that puffeth at him.
- Help, LORD, for the godly man ceases to be, For the faithful disappear from among the sons of men.
- They speak falsehood to one another; With flattering lips and with a double heart they speak.
- May the LORD cut off all flattering lips, The tongue that speaks great things;
- Who have said, "With our tongue we will prevail; Our lips are our own; who is lord over us?"
- "Because of the devastation of the afflicted, because of the groaning of the needy, Now I will arise," says the LORD; "I will set him in the safety for which he longs."