- They have now compassed us in our steps: they have set their eyes bowing down to the earth;
- Like as a lion that is greedy of his prey, and as it were a young lion lurking in secret places.
- Arise, O LORD, disappoint him, cast him down: deliver my soul from the wicked, which is thy sword:
- From men which are thy hand, O LORD, from men of the world, which have their portion in this life, and whose belly thou fillest with thy hid treasure: they are full of children, and leave the rest of their substance to their babes.
- As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.
- They have now surrounded us in our steps; They set their eyes to cast us down to the ground.
- He is like a lion that is eager to tear, And as a young lion lurking in hiding places.
- Arise, O LORD, confront him, bring him low; Deliver my soul from the wicked with Your sword,
- From men with Your hand, O LORD, From men of the world, whose portion is in this life, And whose belly You fill with Your treasure; They are satisfied with children, And leave their abundance to their babes.
- As for me, I shall behold Your face in righteousness; I will be satisfied with Your likeness when I awake.