- I made sackcloth also my garment; and I became a proverb to them.
- They that sit in the gate speak against me; and I was the song of the drunkards.
- But as for me, my prayer is unto thee, O LORD, in an acceptable time: O God, in the multitude of thy mercy hear me, in the truth of thy salvation.
- Deliver me out of the mire, and let me not sink: let me be delivered from them that hate me, and out of the deep waters.
- Let not the waterflood overflow me, neither let the deep swallow me up, and let not the pit shut her mouth upon me.
- When I made sackcloth my clothing, I became a byword to them.
- Those who sit in the gate talk about me, And I am the song of the drunkards.
- But as for me, my prayer is to You, O LORD, at an acceptable time; O God, in the greatness of Your lovingkindness, Answer me with Your saving truth.
- Deliver me from the mire and do not let me sink; May I be delivered from my foes and from the deep waters.
- May the flood of water not overflow me Nor the deep swallow me up, Nor the pit shut its mouth on me.