- And they say, How doth God know? and is there knowledge in the most High?
- Behold, these are the ungodly, who prosper in the world; they increase in riches.
- Verily I have cleansed my heart in vain, and washed my hands in innocency.
- For all the day long have I been plagued, and chastened every morning.
- If I say, I will speak thus; behold, I should offend against the generation of thy children.
- They say, "How does God know? And is there knowledge with the Most High?"
- Behold, these are the wicked; And always at ease, they have increased in wealth.
- Surely in vain I have kept my heart pure And washed my hands in innocence;
- For I have been stricken all day long And chastened every morning.
- If I had said, "I will speak thus," Behold, I would have betrayed the generation of Your children.