- O God, why hast thou cast us off for ever? why doth thine anger smoke against the sheep of thy pasture?
- Remember thy congregation, which thou hast purchased of old; the rod of thine inheritance, which thou hast redeemed; this mount Zion, wherein thou hast dwelt.
- Lift up thy feet unto the perpetual desolations; even all that the enemy hath done wickedly in the sanctuary.
- Thine enemies roar in the midst of thy congregations; they set up their ensigns for signs.
- A man was famous according as he had lifted up axes upon the thick trees.
- O God, why have You rejected us forever? Why does Your anger smoke against the sheep of Your pasture?
- Remember Your congregation, which You have purchased of old, Which You have redeemed to be the tribe of Your inheritance; And this Mount Zion, where You have dwelt.
- Turn Your footsteps toward the perpetual ruins; The enemy has damaged everything within the sanctuary.
- Your adversaries have roared in the midst of Your meeting place; They have set up their own standards for signs.
- It seems as if one had lifted up His axe in a forest of trees.