- For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south.
- But God is the judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another.
- For in the hand of the LORD there is a cup, and the wine is red; it is full of mixture; and he poureth out of the same: but the dregs thereof, all the wicked of the earth shall wring them out, and drink them.
- But I will declare for ever; I will sing praises to the God of Jacob.
- All the horns of the wicked also will I cut off; but the horns of the righteous shall be exalted.