- Give ear, O my people, to my law: incline your ears to the words of my mouth.
- I will open my mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings of old:
- Which we have heard and known, and our fathers have told us.
- We will not hide them from their children, shewing to the generation to come the praises of the LORD, and his strength, and his wonderful works that he hath done.
- For he established a testimony in Jacob, and appointed a law in Israel, which he commanded our fathers, that they should make them known to their children:
- O my people, hear my teaching; listen to the words of my mouth.
- I will open my mouth in parables, I will utter hidden things, things from of old-
- what we have heard and known, what our fathers have told us.
- We will not hide them from their children; we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD, his power, and the wonders he has done.
- He decreed statutes for Jacob and established the law in Israel, which he commanded our forefathers to teach their children,