- Thou hast laid me in the lowest pit, in darkness, in the deeps.
- Thy wrath lieth hard upon me, and thou hast afflicted me with all thy waves. Selah.
- Thou hast put away mine acquaintance far from me; thou hast made me an abomination unto them: I am shut up, and I cannot come forth.
- Mine eye mourneth by reason of affliction: LORD, I have called daily upon thee, I have stretched out my hands unto thee.
- Wilt thou shew wonders to the dead? shall the dead arise and praise thee? Selah.
- You have put me in the lowest pit, in the darkest depths.
- Your wrath lies heavily upon me; you have overwhelmed me with all your waves. Selah
- You have taken from me my closest friends and have made me repulsive to them. I am confined and cannot escape;
- my eyes are dim with grief. I call to you, O LORD, every day; I spread out my hands to you.
- Do you show your wonders to the dead? Do those who are dead rise up and praise you? Selah