- And moreover I saw under the sun the place of judgment, that wickedness was there; and the place of righteousness, that iniquity was there.
- I said in mine heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for there is a time there for every purpose and for every work.
- I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts.
- For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.
- All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.
- Furthermore, I have seen under the sun that in the place of justice there is wickedness and in the place of righteousness there is wickedness.
- I said to myself, "God will judge both the righteous man and the wicked man," for a time for every matter and for every deed is there.
- I said to myself concerning the sons of men, "God has surely tested them in order for them to see that they are but beasts."
- For the fate of the sons of men and the fate of beasts is the same. As one dies so dies the other; indeed, they all have the same breath and there is no advantage for man over beast, for all is vanity.
- All go to the same place. All came from the dust and all return to the dust.