- And I find more bitter than death the woman, whose heart is snares and nets, and her hands as bands: whoso pleaseth God shall escape from her; but the sinner shall be taken by her.
- Behold, this have I found, saith the preacher, counting one by one, to find out the account:
- Which yet my soul seeketh, but I find not: one man among a thousand have I found; but a woman among all those have I not found.
- Lo, this only have I found, that God hath made man upright; but they have sought out many inventions.
- And I discovered more bitter than death the woman whose heart is snares and nets, whose hands are chains One who is pleasing to God will escape from her, but the sinner will be captured by her.
- "Behold, I have discovered this," says the Preacher, "adding one thing to another to find an explanation,
- which I am still seeking but have not found. I have found one man among a thousand, but I have not found a woman among all these.
- "Behold, I have found only this, that God made men upright, but they have sought out many devices."