- Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.
- Though a sinner do evil an hundred times, and his days be prolonged, yet surely I know that it shall be well with them that fear God, which fear before him:
- But it shall not be well with the wicked, neither shall he prolong his days, which are as a shadow; because he feareth not before God.
- There is a vanity which is done upon the earth; that there be just men, unto whom it happeneth according to the work of the wicked; again, there be wicked men, to whom it happeneth according to the work of the righteous: I said that this also is vanity.
- Then I commended mirth, because a man hath no better thing under the sun, than to eat, and to drink, and to be merry: for that shall abide with him of his labour the days of his life, which God giveth him under the sun.
- 罪人雖然作惡百次、倒享長久的年日．然而我準知道、敬畏 神的、就是在他面前敬畏的人、終久必得福樂。
- 惡人卻不得福樂、也不得長久的年日．這年日好像影兒、因他不敬畏 神。
- 我就稱讚快樂、原來人在日光之下、莫強如喫喝快樂．因為他在日光之下、 神賜他一生的年日、要從勞碌中、時常享受所得的。