- And the scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying, Who is this which speaketh blasphemies? Who can forgive sins, but God alone?
- But when Jesus perceived their thoughts, he answering said unto them, What reason ye in your hearts?
- Whether is easier, to say, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Rise up and walk?
- But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power upon earth to forgive sins, (he said unto the sick of the palsy,) I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy couch, and go into thine house.
- And immediately he rose up before them, and took up that whereon he lay, and departed to his own house, glorifying God.
- The scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying, "Who is this man who speaks blasphemies? Who can forgive sins, but God alone?"
- But Jesus, aware of their reasonings, answered and said to them, "Why are you reasoning in your hearts?
- "Which is easier, to say, 'Your sins have been forgiven you,' or to say, 'Get up and walk'?
- "But, so that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins,"--He said to the paralytic--"I say to you, get up, and pick up your stretcher and go home."
- Immediately he got up before them, and picked up what he had been lying on, and went home glorifying God.