- I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost,
- That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart.
- For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:
- Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;
- Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.
- I speak the truth in Christ--I am not lying, my conscience confirms it in the Holy Spirit--
- I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart.
- For I could wish that I myself were cursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my brothers, those of my own race,
- the people of Israel. Theirs is the adoption as sons; theirs the divine glory, the covenants, the receiving of the law, the temple worship and the promises.
- Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of Christ, who is God over all, forever praised! Amen.