- And Jesus, moved with compassion, put forth his hand, and touched him, and saith unto him, I will; be thou clean.
- And as soon as he had spoken, immediately the leprosy departed from him, and he was cleansed.
- And he straitly charged him, and forthwith sent him away;
- And saith unto him, See thou say nothing to any man: but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer for thy cleansing those things which Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.
- But he went out, and began to publish it much, and to blaze abroad the matter, insomuch that Jesus could no more openly enter into the city, but was without in desert places: and they came to him from every quarter.
- Filled with compassion, Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. "I am willing," he said. "Be clean!"
- Immediately the leprosy left him and he was cured.
- Jesus sent him away at once with a strong warning:
- "See that you don't tell this to anyone. But go, show yourself to the priest and offer the sacrifices that Moses commanded for your cleansing, as a testimony to them."
- Instead he went out and began to talk freely, spreading the news. As a result, Jesus could no longer enter a town openly but stayed outside in lonely places. Yet the people still came to him from everywhere.