- When the Pharisees saw this, they said to His disciples, "Why is your Teacher eating with the tax collectors and sinners?"
- But when Jesus heard this, He said, "It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick.
- "But go and learn what this means: 'I DESIRE COMPASSION, AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
- Then the disciples of John came to Him, asking, "Why do we and the Pharisees fast, but Your disciples do not fast?"
- And Jesus said to them, "The attendants of the bridegroom cannot mourn as long as the bridegroom is with them, can they? But the days will come when the bridegroom is taken away from them, and then they will fast.