- From that time Jesus began to show His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised up on the third day.
- Peter took Him aside and began to rebuke Him, saying, "God forbid it, Lord! This shall never happen to You."
- But He turned and said to Peter, "Get behind Me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to Me; for you are not setting your mind on God's interests, but man's."
- Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me.
- "For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.