- Six days later Jesus took with Him Peter and James and John his brother, and led them up on a high mountain by themselves.
- And He was transfigured before them; and His face shone like the sun, and His garments became as white as light.
- And behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them, talking with Him.
- Peter said to Jesus, "Lord, it is good for us to be here; if You wish, I will make three tabernacles here, one for You, and one for Moses, and one for Elijah."
- While he was still speaking, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and behold, a voice out of the cloud said, "This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased; listen to Him!"