- Then Peter came and said to Him, "Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Up to seven times?"
- Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.
- "For this reason the kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who wished to settle accounts with his slaves.
- "When he had begun to settle them, one who owed him ten thousand talents was brought to him.
- "But since he did not have the means to repay, his lord commanded him to be sold, along with his wife and children and all that he had, and repayment to be made.