- He came to His own, and those who were His own did not receive Him.
- But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name,
- who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.
- And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.
- John testified about Him and cried out, saying, "This was He of whom I said, 'He who comes after me has a higher rank than I, for He existed before me.'"
- He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
- But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
- Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
- And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
- John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.