- When He had said this, He spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and applied the clay to his eyes,
- and said to him, "Go, wash in the pool of Siloam" (which is translated, Sent) So he went away and washed, and came back seeing.
- Therefore the neighbors, and those who previously saw him as a beggar, were saying, "Is not this the one who used to sit and beg?"
- Others were saying, "This is he," still others were saying, "No, but he is like him." He kept saying, "I am the one."
- So they were saying to him, "How then were your eyes opened?"