- "For Moses from ancient generations has in every city those who preach him, since he is read in the synagogues every Sabbath."
- Then it seemed good to the apostles and the elders, with the whole church, to choose men from among them to send to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas--Judas called Barsabbas, and Silas, leading men among the brethren,
- and they sent this letter by them, "The apostles and the brethren who are elders, to the brethren in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia who are from the Gentiles, greetings.
- "Since we have heard that some of our number to whom we gave no instruction have disturbed you with their words, unsettling your souls,
- it seemed good to us, having become of one mind, to select men to send to you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,
- For Moses has been preached in every city from the earliest times and is read in the synagogues on every Sabbath."
- Then the apostles and elders, with the whole church, decided to choose some of their own men and send them to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas. They chose Judas (called Barsabbas) and Silas, two men who were leaders among the brothers.
- With them they sent the following letter: The apostles and elders, your brothers, To the Gentile believers in Antioch, Syria and Cilicia: Greetings.
- We have heard that some went out from us without our authorization and disturbed you, troubling your minds by what they said.
- So we all agreed to choose some men and send them to you with our dear friends Barnabas and Paul--