- It happened that while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul passed through the upper country and came to Ephesus, and found some disciples.
- He said to them, "Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?" And they said to him, "No, we have not even heard whether there is a Holy Spirit."
- And he said, "Into what then were you baptized?" And they said, "Into John's baptism."
- Paul said, "John baptized with the baptism of repentance, telling the people to believe in Him who was coming after him, that is, in Jesus."
- When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.