- saying, 'Woe, woe, the great city, she who was clothed in fine linen and purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls;
- for in one hour such great wealth has been laid waste!' And every shipmaster and every passenger and sailor, and as many as make their living by the sea, stood at a distance,
- and were crying out as they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, 'What city is like the great city?'
- "And they threw dust on their heads and were crying out, weeping and mourning, saying, 'Woe, woe, the great city, in which all who had ships at sea became rich by her wealth, for in one hour she has been laid waste!'
- "Rejoice over her, O heaven, and you saints and apostles and prophets, because God has pronounced judgment for you against her."