- Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand.
- And he laid hold of the dragon, the serpent of old, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years;
- and he threw him into the abyss, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he would not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were completed; after these things he must be released for a short time.
- Then I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.
- The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were completed. This is the first resurrection.
- And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
- And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
- And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
- And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
- But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.