- But You, O GOD, the Lord, deal kindly with me for Your name's sake; Because Your lovingkindness is good, deliver me;
- For I am afflicted and needy, And my heart is wounded within me.
- I am passing like a shadow when it lengthens; I am shaken off like the locust.
- My knees are weak from fasting, And my flesh has grown lean, without fatness.
- I also have become a reproach to them; When they see me, they wag their head.
- But you, O Sovereign LORD, deal well with me for your name's sake; out of the goodness of your love, deliver me.
- For I am poor and needy, and my heart is wounded within me.
- I fade away like an evening shadow; I am shaken off like a locust.
- My knees give way from fasting; my body is thin and gaunt.
- I am an object of scorn to my accusers; when they see me, they shake their heads.