- Furthermore, I have seen under the sun that in the place of justice there is wickedness and in the place of righteousness there is wickedness.
- I said to myself, "God will judge both the righteous man and the wicked man," for a time for every matter and for every deed is there.
- I said to myself concerning the sons of men, "God has surely tested them in order for them to see that they are but beasts."
- For the fate of the sons of men and the fate of beasts is the same. As one dies so dies the other; indeed, they all have the same breath and there is no advantage for man over beast, for all is vanity.
- All go to the same place. All came from the dust and all return to the dust.
- 我心裡說、 神必審判義人和惡人．因為在那裡、各樣事務、一切工作、都有定時。
- 我心裡說、這乃為世人的緣故、是 神要試驗他們、使他們覺得自己不過像獸一樣。