- Furthermore, I have seen under the sun that in the place of justice there is wickedness and in the place of righteousness there is wickedness.
- I said to myself, "God will judge both the righteous man and the wicked man," for a time for every matter and for every deed is there.
- I said to myself concerning the sons of men, "God has surely tested them in order for them to see that they are but beasts."
- For the fate of the sons of men and the fate of beasts is the same. As one dies so dies the other; indeed, they all have the same breath and there is no advantage for man over beast, for all is vanity.
- All go to the same place. All came from the dust and all return to the dust.
- And I saw something else under the sun: In the place of judgment--wickedness was there, in the place of justice--wickedness was there.
- I thought in my heart, "God will bring to judgment both the righteous and the wicked, for there will be a time for every activity, a time for every deed."
- I also thought, "As for men, God tests them so that they may see that they are like the animals.
- Man's fate is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath ; man has no advantage over the animal. Everything is meaningless.
- All go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return.