- One hand full of rest is better than two fists full of labor and striving after wind.
- Then I looked again at vanity under the sun.
- There was a certain man without a dependent, having neither a son nor a brother, yet there was no end to all his labor. Indeed, his eyes were not satisfied with riches and he never asked, "And for whom am I laboring and depriving myself of pleasure?" This too is vanity and it is a grievous task.
- Two are better than one because they have a good return for their labor.
- For if either of them falls, the one will lift up his companion. But woe to the one who falls when there is not another to lift him up.