- There is an evil which I have seen under the sun and it is prevalent among men--
- a man to whom God has given riches and wealth and honor so that his soul lacks nothing of all that he desires; yet God has not empowered him to eat from them, for a foreigner enjoys them. This is vanity and a severe affliction.
- If a man fathers a hundred children and lives many years, however many they be, but his soul is not satisfied with good things and he does not even have a proper burial, then I say, "Better the miscarriage than he,
- for it comes in futility and goes into obscurity; and its name is covered in obscurity.
- "It never sees the sun and it never knows anything; it is better off than he.
- 就是人蒙 神賜他貲財、豐富、尊榮、以致他心裡所願的一樣都不缺、只是 神使他不能喫用、反有外人來喫用．這是虛空、也是禍患。