- And I discovered more bitter than death the woman whose heart is snares and nets, whose hands are chains One who is pleasing to God will escape from her, but the sinner will be captured by her.
- "Behold, I have discovered this," says the Preacher, "adding one thing to another to find an explanation,
- which I am still seeking but have not found. I have found one man among a thousand, but I have not found a woman among all these.
- "Behold, I have found only this, that God made men upright, but they have sought out many devices."
- I find more bitter than death the woman who is a snare, whose heart is a trap and whose hands are chains. The man who pleases God will escape her, but the sinner she will ensnare.
- "Look," says the Teacher, "this is what I have discovered: "Adding one thing to another to discover the scheme of things-
- while I was still searching but not finding-- I found one upright man among a thousand, but not one upright woman among them all.
- This only have I found: God made mankind upright, but men have gone in search of many schemes."