- Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, therefore the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.
- Although a sinner does evil a hundred times and may lengthen his life, still I know that it will be well for those who fear God, who fear Him openly.
- But it will not be well for the evil man and he will not lengthen his days like a shadow, because he does not fear God.
- There is futility which is done on the earth, that is, there are righteous men to whom it happens according to the deeds of the wicked On the other hand, there are evil men to whom it happens according to the deeds of the righteous. I say that this too is futility.
- So I commended pleasure, for there is nothing good for a man under the sun except to eat and to drink and to be merry, and this will stand by him in his toils throughout the days of his life which God has given him under the sun.
- 罪人雖然作惡百次、倒享長久的年日．然而我準知道、敬畏 神的、就是在他面前敬畏的人、終久必得福樂。
- 惡人卻不得福樂、也不得長久的年日．這年日好像影兒、因他不敬畏 神。
- 我就稱讚快樂、原來人在日光之下、莫強如喫喝快樂．因為他在日光之下、 神賜他一生的年日、要從勞碌中、時常享受所得的。