- 'When anyone touches anything unclean, whether human uncleanness, or an unclean animal, or any unclean detestable thing, and eats of the flesh of the sacrifice of peace offerings which belong to the LORD, that person shall be cut off from his people.'"
- Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying,
- "Speak to the sons of Israel, saying, 'You shall not eat any fat from an ox, a sheep or a goat.
- 'Also the fat of an animal which dies and the fat of an animal torn by beasts may be put to any other use, but you must certainly not eat it.
- 'For whoever eats the fat of the animal from which an offering by fire is offered to the LORD, even the person who eats shall be cut off from his people.
- If anyone touches something unclean--whether human uncleanness or an unclean animal or any unclean, detestable thing--and then eats any of the meat of the fellowship offering belonging to the LORD, that person must be cut off from his people.' "
- The LORD said to Moses,
- "Say to the Israelites: 'Do not eat any of the fat of cattle, sheep or goats.
- The fat of an animal found dead or torn by wild animals may be used for any other purpose, but you must not eat it.
- Anyone who eats the fat of an animal from which an offering by fire may be made to the LORD must be cut off from his people.