- When Jesus had spoken these words, He went forth with His disciples over the ravine of the Kidron, where there was a garden, in which He entered with His disciples.
- Now Judas also, who was betraying Him, knew the place, for Jesus had often met there with His disciples.
- Judas then, having received the Roman cohort and officers from the chief priests and the Pharisees, came there with lanterns and torches and weapons.
- So Jesus, knowing all the things that were coming upon Him, went forth and said to them, "Whom do you seek?"
- They answered Him, "Jesus the Nazarene." He said to them, "I am He." And Judas also, who was betraying Him, was standing with them.