- For it is superfluous for me to write to you about this ministry to the saints;
- for I know your readiness, of which I boast about you to the Macedonians, namely, that Achaia has been prepared since last year, and your zeal has stirred up most of them.
- But I have sent the brethren, in order that our boasting about you may not be made empty in this case, so that, as I was saying, you may be prepared;
- otherwise if any Macedonians come with me and find you unprepared, we--not to speak of you--will be put to shame by this confidence.
- So I thought it necessary to urge the brethren that they would go on ahead to you and arrange beforehand your previously promised bountiful gift, so that the same would be ready as a bountiful gift and not affected by covetousness.