- Why have you rejected us forever, O God? Why does your anger smolder against the sheep of your pasture?
- Remember the people you purchased of old, the tribe of your inheritance, whom you redeemed-- Mount Zion, where you dwelt.
- Turn your steps toward these everlasting ruins, all this destruction the enemy has brought on the sanctuary.
- Your foes roared in the place where you met with us; they set up their standards as signs.
- They behaved like men wielding axes to cut through a thicket of trees.